Sunday 21 April 2013

Miss Jones goes to the Southbank...

Yesterday afternoon was another beautiful sunny day in London wasn’t it? I really do hope this warm weather is around to stay I am enjoying it in my life! I wanted to make the most of the sunshine so I took a tube across town to the Southbank.

 


The Southbank was absolutely buzzing; it was full of tourists, Londoners, families, teenagers and couples. It really does have something for everyone and is so exciting particularly in the summer months. It’s totally worth just walking up and down alongside the river and people watching, taking in the beautiful views and observing all the street performers, pop up food stalls or market stalls, bars and theatre stages.

Right next to the London Eye is a wonderful expanse of luscious grass which is perfect for lounging back on and relaxing; you can read a book, listen to some music or meet with friends. Best of all it’s obviously totally free and this means you can have the perfect Saturday afternoon at little cost. After some chilling on the grass I would suggest wandering down the Southbank, grabbing a light dinner at one of the restaurants and then a drink at one of the quirky bars (it’s definitely Pimms weather now!).

If the summer weather stays I know I will be spending a lot more time in that area and will report back with any cool finds.

Love

Miss Jones xx

No comments: