Thursday 21 March 2013

Miss Jones drinks tea and eats cake...

One of my all time LOVES and idea of a perfect afternoon out is going for tea and cake! I virtually live on tea and choosing a scrumptious cake to go alongside it is a huge bonus! I also think it's a lovely weekend activity to do with family, friends or spouses. Who doesn't love a good natter over a cuppa!?

I've slowly been working my way through the cafes of Chelsea and thought I would share a few of my favourites with you:

1. Muriels Kitchen, right next to South Ken tube



 

Muriels has a real homely feel to it, it prides itself on its hearty, healthy home cooking. So not only does it sell dozens of delicious cakes it also offers the customer home cooked lasagne, salads, dips and breads - all perfect if you are looking to grab some lunch. But back to the cakes...they have such a huge variety...my favourite so far was a twist on the classic victoria sponge which they made into a cupcake with a real strawberry on top - YUM!



2. Gails, multiple locations over London















Gail's has bakeries all across London including Soho, Notting Hill, The Kings Road and South Ken. As well as priding themselves on their homemade bread they also sell a variety of cakes and a very lovely chai tea latte. My favourite 'cake' so far has been the coconut macaroon as I am a huge coconut fan! I have also tried their strawberry scone which was lovely jubbly as well! I highly recommend Gail's for brunch if you're not a tea and cake kinda gal!



3. Megans, Kings Road













Megans has been open on the Kings Road since 2002 and they actually class themselves as a restaurant and deli, but boy do they have yummy cakes! They have a lovely terrace where you can sit outside once the weather gets warm (is that ever going to happen?!) and inside a roaring fire for the winter days! The decor is cute and the staff are friendly. And of course the cake is to die for! Yum yum!



So I recommend for you all to try out my top three tea and cake paradises in London and let me know what you think!

Love
Miss Jones xx

No comments: