Tuesday 9 April 2013

Miss Jones hits the piste...


Today is the day that the blogging world has been waiting for - Miss Jones made it up the slopes and attempted to ski! I woke up very early, ate some hearty porridge, pulled on my long johns, vests, polo necks and all things warm and headed off to the piste. We went to ski a mountain just down the valley called St Jakob. After hiring some very fashionable silver ski boots and some rather daunting looking red skis and a very unfashionable helmet (safety before fashion) I had to conquer my first challenge of the day: walking from the ski shop to the ski lift in the hardest shoes ever created to walk in. I would call it more of a straight legged shuffle than a sexy strut.


Nevertheless I made it to the lift in one piece. Challenge one complete! Being very afraid of heights the cable car that took us up was another very big challenge and a scary experience! I just put on my not so sexy ski goggles and looked straight ahead, never down! And then we were up, there was no going back. Having skied as a child I was hoping (praying) that it was all going to come back to me, just like riding a bike. But knowing me it was going to be a Bridget Jones type of day!




But I had to go for it and so I did. I snow ploughed for most of the day, and stopped for lots of coffees and hot chocolates but I did it! I made it down not only a blue but also a red run - hurrah! I didn't have a fatal fall or break any bones, I didn't make a fool of myself in front of any hunky skiers and I didn't fall off the chair lift. An all round successful day I think!


Love
Miss Jones xx

No comments: