Wednesday 13 March 2013

Miss Jones has a good old stretch...


I’ve fallen in love, and it’s not with a strapping young man with a Zac Efron smile, it’s with Yoga. I am addicted and find myself attending classes on an almost daily basis. Even though my body is saying STOP I need a rest, I can’t seem to get enough! I’m a yoga addict, a yoga bunny, a yogi – you get the picture!


Yoga ascended from ancient India and it has a very spiritual side to it. It is ‘an ancient form of meditation; an awareness practice that synchronises mind, body and breath’. You have to buy into all of that at least a little bit if you want to get the most out of a yoga session. At first I was dubious, chanting, the third eye and inner peace was all a bit too airy fairy for me, but I’ve grown to accept it and, dare I say, embrace it.

For me yoga is a way to relax and stretch out my poor, tired muscles that are inflicted with stress on a daily basis. It also helps control your breathing and increase your core strength which is, apparently, very good for you. It also benefits sleep, enhances general feelings of well being, improves flexibility, provides relief from anxiety and depression – sounds like every working person in London needs a bit of yoga in their lives!

Some say yoga is one of the best forms of exercise and I have to agree, I have never felt so healthy and passionate about a ‘sport’ before. Trouble is in London it tends to be a little bit pricey, check out the Yoga section on Miss Jones for the best yoga centres in and around London.
Love
Miss Jones xx
 

No comments: