Thursday 7 February 2013

What an absolute Treat!

Miss Jones was lucky enough to be invited to dine at Koffmann’s restaurant this week. I have to be honest, after what was probably one of the most enchanting TV programmes from the BBC (Inside Claridge’s) and the moment where the divine General Manager tasted live ants for the first time, I had high expectations for this restaurant that is located in the Berkeley Hotel (part of the Maybourne Hotel Group with Claridge’s and the Connaught). I was not disappointed…

Legendary chef Pierre Koffmann has created an informal dining experience in SW1 that serves the most exquisite menu of French brasserie favourites alongside his mouth watering signature dishes. Feeling brave I started with Gascony-style black pudding croquet monsieur with egg, yes I know not everyone’s first choice to have black pudding, but it was a delight and true reminder of how good black pudding can taste when expertly prepared.

How to follow this? Well with scallops of course, scallops that quite simply melted in the mouth and left me pining for more.

I also discovered during my gastronomic heaven that Koffman’s has a private dining room which you can book at no extra charge for up to 18 people, so if you are looking for a venue for a business lunch or intimate client event, look no further…and yes you read that right, there is no extra charge for using the room which is just off the main dining area…

Love

Miss Jones x

No comments: