Tuesday 19 February 2013

ANYA HINDMARCH AUTUMN / WINTER 2013 at 10:00am today


'Obsession is an inportant part of design, if rather hard to live with. 

The influences of play, the graphic nature of board games and the cascade of many shades of one colour leather were a starting point for the collection that lead me to fulfil a long held ambition of a Fashioon Week version of 'Domino Day' to showcase AW13. 

50,000 dominoes later, the need for a venue with a concrete floor, no drafts, movement nor vermin for 7 days and various nightmares around the subject of earthquakes, and we are here'.  Please tread lightly. 

Anya Hindmarch
February 2013 

The Show

It was like walking into a candy store for me this morning.  We had to tread carefully as no one wanted to set off the 50,000 dominoes that were waiting to fall down.  I found my seat and we all started chatting about what Anya would design for this coming season.  


The lights dimmed and it started, one domino fell started the effect.  The first evening bags came up as an explosion of colour and then they continued to fall and opening boxes of colour and exquisite bags.  

As always Anya Hindmarch is original, unique and exquisitely stylish.  Textured leathers, clasps, zips, multi coloured, deep reds and mint colours all featured.  

Always great to see Richard E Grant and Dylan Jones in the front row.  They have been fans of Anya's for a very long time.  Check out the Dylan Jones bag.

I couldn't wait to get to the bags to show you all why I am such a huge fan of Anya's work.  I have always loved her style and quirkiness.  Always thinking out of the box.  

When I grow up I would love to be someone like Anya. 

Love,

Miss Jones x






No comments: