Wednesday 25 May 2011

Miss Jones is going back in time ..


I feel as though I should be listening to Donna Summer and Sister Sledge while I write this; after seeing Reiss and Nine West’s AW11 collections in the past week I cannot wait until late August when it all starts seeping into store! Bring back Studio 54; Halston and Gucci inspired, Snakeskin look platform Mary Janes, sequined jumpsuits and heels, gold jewellery by the bucket load, accessories, accessories, accessories... Maybe I should think about forgoing my Brazilian blow dry and start cultivating big hair for later in the year. Amazing disco chic looks, which I can’t wait to replicate, if only I could drive in platforms….

The two weeks or so of work has consisted of ‘loft foraging’, holiday travel bookings, auctioning of furniture and fan mail wading but I did find time to make a fashion bible discovery, now turned obsession in PARISIAN CHIC by Ines de la Fressange, and it has barely left my side as THE style guide. Filled to the brim with top tips and suggestions on how any one of us can look as chic as the Parisian Femme, my favourite being the ‘Magnificent Seven’ and how by having just those seven items in my wardrobe I can be sure to look uber fabulous (yet effortless obviously!), I know, it all sounds so easy….

Very luckily I was treated to the most delicious stay at the Dorchester Hotel. I had a beautiful room overlooking Hyde Park, exquisite furnishings, incredible staff who treated me like a princess (see, the style guide works!). There were Floris toiletries, the fluffiest of bathrobes, a bath deep enough to swim in practically, stationery fit to take home (um, yes I did), room service and more breakfast than I could physically eat (I couldn’t bring myself to ask for a doggie bag), however, anything that wasn’t nailed down I did pretty much take home!

Another hotel visit this week was to Duke’s Hotel for an evening of Laurent Perrier Champagne and decadent canapés (you gotta check out this style guide people!), oh my goodness; luxurious yet comforting décor, sumptuous sofas, far too delicious champagne cocktails and the chocolate truffles I am sure I could live on alone and be forever happy.

Of course, I did work extra hard at Zumba this week, I promise…

Oh, and the New York diary is filling up already for my long weekend away in June, always open to suggestions though…?

Have a great week,

Love

Miss Jones xx

No comments: