Friday 4 March 2011

Introducing the amazing dress designer Nooshin Bakhshi

It’s my first instalment for the Miss Jones blog and I’m excited, if not a tad nervous.

According to the very fabulous Hen, I understand the blog has quite a following now so I’m stepping up to the challenge of writing and sharing some of my favourite finds in London along with a bit of style advice for good measure.

I am a ladies designer-tailor and spend my days helping lovely ladies design and create beautifully fitting garments. I work from Savile Row and also offer a visiting tailor service and can often be seen frequenting meeting rooms and bathrooms with pots of pins, dresses and fabric swatches.

The start of my career, however, is worlds apart from my current day job. Starting work as receptionist/pa over 12 years ago now, I spent time working my way up the administrative ladder through my university days and for a good short time after graduation. Fashion had by this time captured my spirit but I must attribute my experience as a PA to the initial organising and start-up of my business and I still consider my service as a PA of sorts; personally assisting ladies with all their wardrobe requirements whether it be a tailored garment for day or an evening do, I’m there every step of the way helping ladies look and feel fabulous.

Retreat from City madness with Butterfly

One of my favourite finds this week is a beautiful salon aptly named ‘Butterfly’ situated in Bank. Select 20, 30 or 40 minutes and let a team of professional stylists completely transform you. From relaxing organic facials to complete desk to dinner transformations, an appointment in their beautiful salon is well worth a visit and that, accompanied with a friendly team of stylists and a well stocked supply of herbal teas make for a truly relaxing experience. If that has tempted you enough, Butterfly are currently offering all morning appointments a £15 gift voucher to pass on to friends as a thank you. Do take advantage and escape the city streets, I have no doubt you deserve it!!*

Love Nooshin x

t&c apply

No comments: