Tuesday 24 September 2013

IOS7, Iphones, tablets, apps etc. Is it all consuming...





Morning all 

I hope you all had a good start to the week and all is well. 

Yesterday I downloaded the update that popped up onto my phone for the new IOS7 operating system.  I hit the download button and waited.  The verdict, very different!  I am still getting used to it.  I am a bit of a techie and I love apps and anything that makes my job easier.  

I have to say IOS7 is better and closing Apps is great fun (my friend showed me how to do it as I was struggling!!)  All you do is swipe them upwards and they disappear. Genius. 

I will not bother to upgrade to the new iPhone 5S now as I have the new operating system on the iPhone 4S.  Perfect!  

The one thing that is making headlines is that on the new iPhone 5S hackers have already found a way to bypass the fingerprint sensor. A team from Berlin-based Chaos Computer Club took a high-resolution photograph of a fingerprint on the side of a glass.
They scanned it, before laser printing it on to a transparent sheet and covering it in woodglue. Once the glue had dried, they peeled off the print copy and pressed it on the scanner to unlock the device.

During the launch, Apple claimed the scanner on the new iPhone 5S was “much more secure than previous fingerprint technology” — sparking a race among hackers to be the first to prove them wrong.

The German hacker who got there first, nicknamed Starbug, said: “As we have said now for years, fingerprints should not be used to secure anything. You leave them everywhere, and it is far too easy to make fakes out of lifted prints.”

Hmmm I think that I will be sticking to my passcode thank you!

Enjoy the new iPhones and operating systems etc. 

See you tomorrow. 

Love 

Miss Jones xx

No comments: