Wednesday 15 February 2012

Cinnamon Kitchen Restaurant Review


Miss Jones dines out in the city

So somehow I’ve made it through a hectic Monday relatively unscathed, but my body, and more specifically my feet, are crying out for it to be Friday already. Before I begin to spiral into a daydream of self-pity and helplessness, I happen to glance at my desk calendar which reminds me of a dinner I had booked in with a girl-friend for Tuesday evening at The Cinnamon Kitchen. Immediately I’m flooded with feelings of motivation and purpose, whilst congratulating my ‘last-week, organised self’ who had wisely decided I deserved a week-night treat.

Tuesday flies by due to a busy workload coupled with my new-found motivation to work hard for my week-night treat; so by the time my friend and I step out of the cold February air into the warmth of the Cinnamon Kitchen reception, where attentive staff take our coats, we both know it’s going to be a great night. Deep in chat from the off we barely notice the delicious cocktails that are placed in front of us by the stealth-like waiters who mix attentiveness with discretion perfectly. Throughout the meal the waiters do not rush us – it’s almost like they had read our minds and knew we had been looking forward to our Tuesday evening treat so much they were insistent on making it last. As the restaurant slowly fills around us, there is a pleasant buzz about this open-plan yet intimate city hangout. The Tandoor grill situated within the dining room and the non-fussy décor demonstrate the Cinnamon Kitchen’s desire to prevent anything taking the focus of the fantastic cuisine.

The food throughout was of a very high standard, and the wine list extensive. The cuisine displayed a subtle and creative use of flavours and each course was presented beautifully – the Scottish lobster ‘momos’ to start were a particular highlight and the lamb in corn sauce was beautifully cooked and full of flavour. The night was rounded off with beautiful desserts that looked too pretty to eat - the poached pear accompanied with coconut rice pudding was a particular hit with my friend. We left the Cinnamon Kitchen with a feeling of satisfaction that our evening had not in any way disappointed and we are determined to return soon.

Mid-week treats really are a must!

Love

Alisonx

Marketing and Events Associate, Miss Jones

No comments: