Saturday 30 July 2011

Welcome to the weekend ladies........


Yay, it is the weekend! All our work stresses are pushed to the side and our only worries are which heels to wear that we can actually walk to and from the tube in and how great is the weather going to be, whether to self tan or not…

Had a surreal couple of weeks, found myself surrounded by too many party entertainers in too short a time; Captain Fantastic, Mr Marvel, Pink Princess Fairy and Sharky and George, I truly did begin to lose sense of reality but great to know there are so many out there… not the usual contacts I think of picking up when at an event… and I wasn’t, but interesting to watch that some people actually do not stop looking for an opportunity to make a connection with someone once they find out the business they are in… is there such a thing as ‘networking overload’?

Been crazy busy with work stuff including; packing for summer holidays, building bedroom furniture, waiting on deliveries that don’t arrive (let’s just say I have severe ‘mattress angst’) and drinking chamomile tea in gardens whilst catching up on *cough * admin… Several meetings have ‘forced’ me to be at The Wolseley for breakfast, I LOVE breakfast there, it’s just so ‘grown-up’, great location with a delicious menu. And at a divine ‘fashion afternoon tea’ at the DeVille restaurant, beautiful butterfly crockery too and everything was perfectly girly pink, there’s just something about a pink meringue that I can’t resist. (Including the movie ‘Bridesmaids’, just brilliant, a real girls laugh out loud movie, hilarious outrageous characters with so many moments easily relatable to).

I got a huge treat from a client in tickets to Rufus Wainwright at The Royal Opera House last week, a-mazing night out and such a beautiful theatre. I couldn’t help thinking what a fabulous place for an event the champagne bar would be; beautiful high glass atrium that was stunning as the evening turned to dusk, now to convince one of my clients that they need a party…. Watch this space!

I also was invited to the Roundhouse to see The Script as part of the iTunes festival, and it really didn’t matter that we only knew four songs in an hour and a half set, another great venue, and the rest of the festival I’ve spent watching on my iPad at home, nothing better than getting the best view at a gig whilst sitting on your sofa in your pj’s drinking wine, not having to worry about hobbling back home afterwards, brilliant!

Have a great weekend y’all,

Love

Miss Jones x

No comments: