Monday 11 July 2011

Not enough hours in the day.......


Wow, I’ve been so busy I feel as though I’m spinning, whilst also longing for caffeine on an intravenous drip to pull me through! What happens in the summer, why are we all so busy? Is it because the weather is better and there are so many more events to go to, or am I just a hermit in the winter? I really need to think about stepping up on my winter activities so I can pace myself through the summer….

So far I’ve fitted in not only lunch but also dinner at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal at the Mandarin Oriental. I feel uber spoilt and it was a real treat to be able to experience the ‘experience’ both during the day and the evening, a totally different vibe for each sitting, both as fantastically enjoyable as the other; the view of Hyde Park is beautiful and to also watch the chefs at work behind the glass partition is a show unto itself, and of course the food, out of this world.

It’s also been a bit of a ‘live gig’ couple of weeks; The Killers at the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, amazing (love Brandon Flowers *blush *) but it non-stop poured throughout, and I rocked up with my Lulu Guinness Anna eyelet bag, which fits nothing more than the essentials (i.e. no umbrella). And as a gal who is an avid supporter of the Brazilian blow-dry I felt almost confident that my hair would survive the wash-out but as it was at the end of it’s three month course I had ringlets by the end of the night (however, I did note that Beyoncé at Glastonbury the following night had gone for a similar style so maybe I was ahead of the game…?). I went to Glee at the O2 which was brilliant, I do apologise to the man in front who was videoing some of the show as I’m sure once he played it back all he could hear was me belting out ‘don’t stop believing’ oops….

Then Take That at Wembley last week, really FANTASTIC to see all five back together again. The Wembley Suite is like going in the Club lounge at the airport (except you have to pay for drinks) but you do get to mingle with the ‘sparkly’ people (David Walliams, Lara Stone, Rick Astley and Dolph Lundgren to name a few) and you’re close to the bar and the loos. The show was sensational and they played for two and a half hours, I was hoarse from being an unofficial backing singer throughout and my feet were numb from dancing in my gorgeous Kurt Geiger navy glitter platform Mary Janes (AW11 but I couldn’t wait!).

In between all of this partying I’ve had to put a house back together after a client’s refurb mostly involving tension, stress, time constraints and builder wrath but we got there, adding little finishing touches like window boxes from Ross Allan Designs and chilled champagne in the fridge gives the illusion that all is calm (if behind the scenes it isn’t)… but hey, that’s what we’re here for!

Have a great week

Love

Miss Jones x

No comments: