Monday 25 April 2011

Chocolate days are over!


Hurrah the chocolate weekend is over; didn’t it almost feel badly timed, as the weather was so fabulous in London town? And we’d already started our spring diets as we set our minds to think about all things summery; bare legs, sleeveless tops and dresses. But surely just a little ‘slip off the wagon’ didn’t hurt too much… however, I did put a friend on speed dial just in case you i found myself in a corner surrounded by crème egg foil and shaking as I hit an all time sugar high (yep, absolutely no restraint!).

What a fun week I had leading up to Easter, it started with an afternoon at Kenwood House, strolling around the grounds, taking in the beautiful weather and eating ice cream.

Then I had a fabulous look around the recently launched Personal Styling Studio at Reiss on Regent Street. It is run by Danielle and Henry in the most gloriously converted old bank building, think dark wood paneling, wrought iron fixings and even a Harry Potter Gringotts Bank style Lift! It’s extremely relaxing in there, they give you a lengthy appointment, will even pick up lunch for you so there’s no rush (they didn’t even try to push me out of the door as I sprawled across their lovely leather furnishings either).

Spring/Summer looks had been put together for a client they were expecting and there so many choices (okay, I was a little jealous they weren’t for me…) and everything can be altered to ensure a perfect fit. They even offer Made to Measure Men’s suits so there really is no excuse for that ‘Mr. Jones’ to not look as equally fabulous as us ‘Misses’.

Tuesday evening I tried a Zumba class, the dance fitness classes that seem to be taking over the world, and burning up to 800 calories an hour what’s not to love?! It was brilliant and I think I’m still surfing that endorphin high, if you haven’t yet tried it I urge you to find a class near you – especially after said ‘chocolate weekend’….

I had a lovely appointment with Natalie at Nicky Clarke Salon on Mount Street on Wednesday (did you know they have beauty rooms, even men’s grooming too?). She’d previously talked me through the eyelash grow serum MyLash which after three months promises ‘longer, thicker and darker’ lashes.

I am a HUGE fan of showgirl looking eyelashes and am always the first in line when there is a new mascara launched promising to ‘lengthen and thicken’ so was thrilled when she gave me an eyelash lift to get me started (seriously, try one, makes SO much difference already) and I started on the serum today, so look out for my fluttering lashes come mid July.

Have a great week,

Love

Miss Jones x

1 comment:

Cart Ridge said...

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!